Saturday, September 17, 2011

Playground


This morning it was cooler out (~70F) so we went for a nice walk and then stopped at the neighborhood playground for some fun! Haley loves the playground and it is even more fun with Steve there because he plays too! I just sat on the bench and happily watched!
On a side note, I'm still pregnant. I tried just about every "natural" induction method out there (other than ingesting some strange stuff. Nothing worked. I was scheduled for an elective induction on Friday but the Labor & Delivery ward was too busy and short nurses so it was a no go for me! After a check-up at my doctor that morning, the baby & I are still doing well! I am still 4cm dilated and 50% effaced, but that baby doesn't want to come out yet. I'm scheduled Monday for an elective induction but am #3 of 4 on the list. I'm hoping it happens but know that it may not. If it doesn't, on Tuesday I become a medical induction as I will be 41 weeks and that is all the farther my doctor wants me to go. (As a medical induction, I'm not turned away if they are busy, etc.) The bad news about giving birth this week is that my doctor is out of town for the week so her partner will be the lucky one. She is very nice and very good so I'm not too worried. I've had to see her a few times when my doctor was unavailable. Keep checking back for updates....

2 comments:

  1. My doctor had her appendix out the week I had Andrew. So, I had some male doctor that I never met before. At that point I didn't care! Haley is getting so big and cuter than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep checking FB and your blog for updates, worst case - only a couple of days more and then the Baby Swick will make his/her entrance. Hang in there - the end is in sight!!

    ReplyDelete