Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hunter Thomas Swick

Hunter Thomas Swick arrived at 1:20 p.m. on Monday, September 19th! He weighed in at 8lbs., 14 oz. and 21 inches. He is doing awesome and is super sweet! He sleeps a lot, is a great eater, and has such a peaceful disposition! After trying just about ever "natural induction" method and none working, I was induced on Monday morning. We got to the hospital around 8:15, my IV started around 9:30 and at 1 p.m. when the doctor came to check me, he was crowning. A few pushes later and he was out! It was was way less painful than my labor with Haley as I had an epidural for a majority of the contractions. Definitely the way to go!
Hunter had his first check-up today with his pediatrician. Dr. John said he was doing well and his weight is good at 8lbs, 10oz. Dr. John recommended that we clip his tongue as he was slightly tongue tied. It was a simple procedure and Hunter cried for maybe 30 seconds and shows no sign of pain since.
Haley is handling the new edition pretty well. Today she played toys with Hunter in the play gym and she likes to rock him in his chair. She has had her jealous moments, but overall she is handling the big change better than I expected. Hopefully this trend continues.
For now, we are enjoying our new family of 4 and feel so blessed!

4 comments:

  1. He looks so happy. I love the picture with Grandma. He looks like he is smiling. Haley looks so big now. Can't wait to meet him (hopefully we make it down there later this year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I think he is going to have Haley's bright blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Very excited and happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY cute pics! Sorry just now getting caught up with blog reading..

    ReplyDelete