Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Hate Shutterfly.com

Ok, need to rant. So on November 24th I ordered Christmas photo cards with matching address labels from www.shutterfly.com. The address labels were shipped on 11/25 and scheduled to arrive on 12/1 per their website. Didn't arrive. The cards shipped on 11/27 and were scheduled to arrive between 12/7 - 12/10. Didn't arrive. I called yesterday and was told that international orders can take 3-4 weeks to arrive once shipped. That is B.S. for 2 reasons: 1) the absolute delivery date provided on the shutterfly.com website was 12/10, not somewhere between 12/18 and 12/25 as 3-4 weeks would be. That is just crazy. I ordered the cards plenty early. and 2) while Canada Post is slow, it is not that slow.

I called back tonight after the mail came and after any type of delivery service (UPS, FedEX, etc.) would have possible delivered them and after much discussion, was refunded my $149. At least I got my money back.

So after searching all the photo card websites I could find I realized that new cards were not going to happen as they would not arrive until like a day or two before Christmas. I ended up just ordering a regular print of my selected photo and will just do regular Christmas cards. Now I just have to find the perfect cards tomorrow. No fun!

Needless to say, Shutterfly.com has lost a customer here. And watch, they will arrive next Tuesday after I put my new cards in the mail on Monday.

I'm bummed.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad. Maybe you can send us e-Christmas cards with the photo you were going to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's no fun. totally understand the need to vent on that one!

    ReplyDelete