Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Before heading out to Zach's 1st Birthday Party

We have been really busy here lately! What have we been doing....
  1. Haley got her first tooth (lower front left). That was quite the process and I think the one next to it is coming in...
  2. Trying to take the perfect Christmas Card photo. This is a tough task with a 10.5 month old. A few outtakes are below. The cards are currently clearing Canadian Customs and will be mailed shortly. If you didn't receive a card from me last year, but want one, send me your address.
  3. Eating. But the only finger foods Haley will eat are carbs, mostly Cheerios and Gerber Puffs. Will not eat anything else. I've tried cheese, green beans, peaches, pears, bananas, pasta, etc. Any other suggestions?
  4. Getting into EVERYTHING! All I do is follow Haley around the house all day. I think it looks like a tornado rolled through here somedays.
  5. Just finished our last Kindermusik class for the Fall. See class photo below. Classes resume in January again! Haley seems to really enjoy music and love to "dance" (which basicially means she wiggles her torso back and forth. Very cute!)
  6. Christmas shopping. Amost done here. Did most of it online for our families in the US. Much easier.
  7. Weaning. Yeah! On Saturday the nursing session after Haley's afternoon nap was replaced by a sippy cup with formula. Saturday & Sunday she really didn't drink any of it. Yesterday she drank about 3 oz. Progress I guess. I plan to replace her nursing session after her morning nap this Saturday with formula. That one should be a bit rougher I think than the afternoon one. Cross your fingers for me and if you have any advice, PLEASE share! And if I write this here, there is no going back...
  8. Freezing. We had a huge blizzard last Friday and got about 5 inches of snow. The terrible part is that the winds were gusting to ~50mph so there are some places with LOTS of snow and others with almost none. Our street sits in front of a park and all of the park snow blew into the street leaving about 2-3' worth. Finally on Sunday a road grader made it to our street to officially plow it. A poor attempt had been made on Saturday to clear one lane. Now there are like 5' snow banks....if only I was about 20 years younger it would be so much fun. And it has been SO cold. Yesterday morning it was -17F and is currently a balmy 4F. Anyone want to visit?
  9. Getting excited for Christmas and Grandma & Grandpa Dibble's visit!

Christmas Card Outtake #1

Christmas Card Outtake #2

Having fun in the highchair

Tasting the puzzle

Kindermusik Class

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute. I am glad she got her 1st tooth! And, I am sure the tornado in your house can't be as bad as the one in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, if those are outtakes I can't wait to see the winner! I am sending you a FB msg with our address, please send me yours! As far as finger foods, have you tried avocado and beans? Beans are still K's fave to this day.

    ReplyDelete