Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope each of you gets to imbibe in some green beer to celebrate! I dressed Haley in her Ireland jersey that my friend Claire brought back for her from Ireland. Guess that makes it authentic?
We have had a hectic 2 days! Haley has been SO fussy and I'm SO ready for her to grow out of this! When she is awake we are feeding or pacing the house! She will not let me sit down or play in her swing, activity gym, or tummy flier. It makes for a very, very long day! This fussiness seems to come and go as we had a great last week. Our doctor reassured me at our appointment last week that babies are their fussiest at 6-8 weeks (she will be 8 weeks tomorrow) and will grow out of it around the age of 3 months! I just tell myself that tomorrow is a new day! I feel guilty for wishing that 3 months would hurry up because I know she will only be little once, but...

I can complete relate to all of that with Katie. We joked about putting her on ebay at the 7 week mark....
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Should start to see improvement soon - it will happen, promise!
When Savannah was 7 weeks old I remember sitting in her room while she cried and crying with her. She turned out to have acid reflux (infant GERD). It is very common. If she is fussiest while laying down or after eating that may be the cause. I kept a log of when Savannah ate, slept and her moods. It helped me pinpoint that her fussiness was a result of pain after eating. If it is reflux it is not something she will necessarily outgrow at 3 months. However, medication is a godsend. Both Savannah and Annabeth were/are reflux babies. Once the meds are working, they are sweet and happy. Another sign is if she either wants to eat all the time or that she never wants to eat. I had one of each. Also people think that they have to spit up to have reflux and that is not true. Savannah never spit up a day in her life. Anyway, good luck. She'll start getting easier soon.
ReplyDeleteOh Rachel...I wish I was there to help hold Haley. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteUgh. I am right there with you. We are so exhausted over here. I was just rereading one of my sleep books. I do remember that it was like a light switch with Charlotte - at exactly 3 months she started sleeping through the night consistently.
ReplyDeleteC'mon 3 month mark!
Funny...Haley is pretty good sleeper at night. Last night was awesome. Guess she tired herself out from all the crying on Tuesday. She went down at 10:45 and woke up at 7:30 this morning. She did stir a few times but never fully woke up! She will usually take at least one long nap of 2+ hours/day. I am lucky in the sleep department.
ReplyDelete