Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hunter is 10 Months

I'm 10 Months Old!

And don't want to sit still!
Hunter was 10 months old on the 19th!  Time sure has flown by!  Here are some things about Hunter:

  • Is generally a happy little guy!  But has started to let you know when he is not happy that he is not getting his way!
  • Is a good sleeper!  He sleeps from 7:30 - 5:30/6:00 daily and usually takes two 90 minute naps.  He is not a stroller napper and is usually fussy if he naps in the car vs. his crib.
  • Is weaned!  He has been on formula only for the last 1.5 weeks and is doing well!  He now gets 4 bottles a day and doesn't seem to mind the change.
  • Is a good eater.  He is good with finger foods and likes the following:  peas, corn, carrots, bread, cheese, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, peaches, pears, oranges, Cheerios, Puffs, yogurt melts, and I'm sure more that I'm not remembering.  At each meal he will eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup or so of finger foods.  He so far has refused meat cut in little bites or shredded and didn't care for cottage cheese.  In addition to his finger foods he eats 2-3 tablespoons of baby oatmeal and a 4oz yogurt for breakfast, 1.5 to 2 4oz containers of baby food for lunch, and 2 to 2.5 4oz containers of baby food for dinner.  I usually give him the finger foods first and he just doesn't eat enough now to cut out the baby food.  I'm hoping the balance starts to shift soon and he is eating more finger foods.
  • Is pulling himself up on everything and is so proud of himself when he does.  He loves to bang things on the coffee tables once he pulls himself up there!
  • Loves to wave.  It is so cute!
  • Loves to walk holding onto a hand or his push walker.  He does not like the ride-in walker at all.  He is getting more bold while walking with us and I think he make take his first steps within the next month!  His favorite activity is to cruise around the house and check things out.  It can be exhausting!
  • Loves his sister.  She can always bring a smile to his face!  It is so sweet!
  • Will start Mother's Day Out in September and I'm really excited!  I think it will be good for him and good for me!  He will be going Monday & Wednesday from 9-2 at the same school as Haley!  Not quite sure what I will do with myself....


2 comments: