Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hmmmm... (updated at bottom)

So, I just checked the details behind the map at the bottom of my blog to see where people have been checking my blog from. Many I recognized and many places I did not. Yes, the time on the details below coordinates when I posted my last post, but creepy! Here is the recent history and I have bolded the locations where I don't think I know anyone...

Location Time
Calgary, AB, Canada Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:47:28 -0500
Austin, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:53:38 -0500
Spring, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:36:33 -0500
Tucson, AZ, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:28:46 -0500
Newport News, VA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:25:01 -0500
Pasadena, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:12:28 -0500
Charlevoix, MI, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:01:19 -0500
Fontana, CA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:01:48 -0500
Karachi, Pakistan Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:01:24 -0500
Zapopan, Mexico Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:01:07 -0500
The Entrance, Australia Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:00:58 -0500

Modesto, CA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:59:39 -0500
Pendleton, OR, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:59:25 -0500
Homebush, Australia Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:59:03 -0500
Seattle, WA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:58:34 -0500
Vermilion, AB, Canada Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:58:34 -0500
Pocatello, ID, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:58:07 -0500
Federal Way, WA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:57:15 -0500
Seattle, WA, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:56:36 -0500
Spring, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:51:23 -0500
Houston, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:18:50 -0500
The Colony, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:41:28 -0500
Calgary, AB, Canada Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:56:43 -0500
Irving, TX, United States Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:21:21 -0500
Calgary, AB, Canada Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:36:58 -0500
Dallas, TX, United States Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:50:18 -0500
Valencia, PA, United States Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:20:56 -0500
Houston, TX, United States Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:11:02 -0500

Needless to say, I am a bit creeped out. I may even consider making my blog private. This would mean that you would have to 1) be approved by me to view the blog and 2) have a gmail email account. First, I am happy to approve all family and friend and even acquaintances. If you are a friend of one of the Grandma's or a long lost friend from high school, I'll approve you. I just feel strange with complete "strangers" seeing this blog. Second, a gmail account is easy to set up. It takes a minute and you don't ever have to really use the email address. It is just a requirement to sign in. And I will happily help anyone set-up an account that needs one!

So, what does everyone think?

Update: I think I had my blog set to publish to the Blogger homepage when I posted something new.  I changed the setting to not do this.  I will see if strange places keep viewing my blog.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! that is a lot of places to not recognize! That would creep me out as well (Australia and MX!)!! You should do whatever would make you feel comfortable! I have a gmail account :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blocked mine from search engines a while ago and all the weird stuff stopped....it would show me what people searched for and after I saw "little blonde girl in bath tub" I completely freaked out. Now the only people that visit are people I know or friends of people I know....

    I know blogger has that option as well...

    ReplyDelete