Well on Friday, my doctor signed my disability form and I am officially off work! Wahoo! Last week I worked 5 hours per day and was still exhausted by the time I got home! Hopefully, I will have a bit more energy this week and a chance to relax and store up some rest before Baby Swick arrives!
I also had an ultrasound (6th one to be exact, long story) on Friday. Baby Swick is about 7lbs and in the 50-60th percentile for measurements! The ultrasound technician was great and even confirmed that it appeared Baby Swick didn't have much hair. Hmmm....guess the old wives tale about the more hair a baby has the worse Mom's heartburn is is not entirely true!
Steve and I had a "date" yesterday! Due to my Gold status at Delta Hotels (Canadian Chain), I had a $200 hotel credit that was going to expire at the end of February. We drove out to Kananaskis (provincial park between Calgary and Banff) and really enjoyed looking at the snow capped mountains, especially since we had not been out to the mountains in a few months. Steve even spotted an owl on the drive! We then headed to the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis and walked around some of the hotel grounds, watched some guys place hockey, and had a coffee by the big fireplace. Dinner was at Season's Steakhouse and was delicious! We each had a three course meal in an attempt to spend the $200 and and basically had to roll ourselves home! Lucky for me, maternity pants have elastic waistbands! It was really nice to get out for the day!
Today our house, a.k.a. Steve, is focused on the big football games! Will the Steeler's make the Super Bowl? Gosh, I hope so! I'm thinking it will be an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl with the Steeler's defeating the Eagles!
the faces that bless me
8 years ago

Yay for no more work! Enjoy this time before baby arrives!
ReplyDelete